Have you ever used argan oil on your skin and reaped its amazing benefits? If not, you should definitely give it a try! Argan oil is a hidden gem when it comes to skincare!
Native to Morocco, argan trees produce nuts that hold kernels that are pressed into oil. Historically, the fruit was eaten by local livestock and the goats actually climbed the argan trees to eat the nuts. If you want a good laugh, check out the picture below! (Google “argan goats in trees” to see even more really unbelievable pictures!) The fleshy part of the fruit could be digested but the nuts would be spit out by the goats and later collected from the ground to be pressed for oil. Don’t worry, though, because the kernels are protected in the bullet proof nut shell! As argan oil has grown in popularity, there are some more modern methods of harvesting the fruit.
Argan trees have adapted to their dry desert climate and the oil from their nuts work in a similar way by protecting skin from hot sun, air and high temperatures.
The method of argan oil extraction can be lengthy and laborious, but it produces a wonderful oil with lots of nutrients (a few of which are listed below).
- Predominantly monounsaturated oleic acid and polyunsaturated linoleic acid
- Contains a significant amount of vitamin E, (which has antioxidant properties)
- Generously supplied with squalene (a natural lipid produced by our body to moisturize and protect our skin)
- Contains butyrospermol, an anti-inflammatory
People in Morocco refer to argan oil as Liquid Gold and it is easy to see why…
- It possesses regenerative and firming qualities to the skin from its content of essential fatty acids
- Light and non greasy, it penetrates the skin easily
- Rich in fatty acids, argan oil is excellent for treating problem skin
- It is used to protect hair and nails
- Argan oil is both emollient (softens and soothes skin) and nourishing (while boosting the skin’s moisture content)
- It can be used directly as a massage oil
- It is suitable for all skin types
Be Green Bath & Body offers 100% virgin organic argan oil in a 1oz dropper bottle for only $20, including shipping. Give it a try and let us know how this liquid gold helps you in your skincare regimen.
**Argan Oil is produced from argan nuts and is not for those with tree nut allergies.