You don't hear much about rose hip seed oil in skin care products, maybe because it's a very expensive oil, but it has an incredible number of benefits for so many different skin types and skin conditions. Pressed from the seeds of rose hips, it's a unique oil because it has nearly equal percentages of alpha-linolenic (omega 3) and linoleic acids (omega 6).
1. Vitamin A content increases elastin, promotes collagen formation and helps delay breakdown of skin and tissue. Reduces dark spots and helps with skin tone.
2. Vitamins E and C nourish skin cells and shields against oxidation helping to delay onset of aging.
3. Linoleic acids plays a crucial role in maintaining the barrier function of skin. Hydrates dry skin.
4. Penetrates deeply into skin layers.
Sensitive, damaged, inflammed skin (from skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, wounds, scarring)
1. Essential fatty acids help with tissue regeneration.
2. Alpha-linolenic acids reduce inflammation and relieve itching and redness of the skin.
3. Hydrates dry, itchy skin.
4. Helps to repair damaged skin and even out skin tone.
Another great benefit of rose hip oil is that it is known as a dry oil meaning that it absorbs quickly and completely. You can use rose hip oil undiluted on your skin. Look for organic rose hip oil that hasn't been processed at high temperatures. It should have a deep golden, orange color from the carotenoids and beneficial vitamins.
At Be Green Bath and Body, we use organic rose hip oil in a few products. Our Night Cream for Normal/Dry/Mature skin and Serum for Dry Skin contain this oil. Our Rosehip Regenerative Serum contains an impressive 60% organic rose hip oil in addition to other anti-inflammatory, calming and skin regenerating oils like frankincense, helichrysum and calendula.
Comments will be approved before showing up.