These days there are lots of companies claiming to have all natural skin care products but how natural are they? What ingredients should you look for? It can be so confusing! We've put together a list of the 5 things to look for in a natural facial cleanser including the ingredient names that truly will Nourish Your Skin Safely ®!
1. Surfactants- These ingredients remove dirt and oil from the skin. Look for these more natural options:
2. Emollients- These ingredients help soothe and protect skin and reduce moisture loss. They relieve that tightness or dryness some cleansers leave you with. Look for these natural options:
3. Humectants- These ingredients help attract and hold moisture and deliver hydration and nutrients into the skin keeping it from drying out. Look for these more natural options:
4. Exfoliants- These ingredients help to remove buildup of dry or dead skin cells and promote even texture and smoothness. Your facial cleanser should contain only gentle exfoliants. Look for these natural options:
5. Botanicals- These ingredients are soothing to the skin and provide vitamins and minerals. Look for these natural extracts:
Most cleansers will also contain a good amount of water. If you buy water based cleansers, look for ones that include hydrosols. Water-based cleansers will also include an emulsifier or two to blend the water and oils and preservatives to protect them for going bad.
We were so honored to make the top 5!! Gentle Facial Cleanser is appropriate for all skin types and especially sensitive skin. If you have oily or combination skin and prefer a foaming cleanser, Be Green's Green Tea Facial Cleanser is designed for you. Both of our cleansers are EWG Verified.
Have questions about natural facial cleansers? Contact our founder directly at Karen@BeGreenBathandBody.com.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Did you know that once upon a time, Be Green Bath & Body was not called Be Green Bath & Body? It's true, back in 2009, the company was launched as "North Easton Naturals".
Launching and caring for Be Green has been a challenging and rewarding journey.